Saturday, August 21, 2010

Garlic

A few weeks back my son had ringworm on his arm. I decided to do a little research on the web to find a natural way to heal it. A site that I came across mentioned that garlic worked well and stated to crush garlic and place that on the affected area. I did that and placed the garlic in some gauze and applied it to his arm. We kept it on for a few hours and later that evening I took the gauze off and my son had a horrible blister on his arm. He had a second degree chemical burn from the garlic and after making a few calls and doing some more research I found out to never apply straight garlic on the skin. If garlic should be applied on the skin it must always be mixed with oil or Vaseline so it does not burn the skin. Obviously I felt horrible! It has taken awhile for his arm to heal and once it had healed a bit I started putting on Dr. Christopher's Complete Tissue and Bone Ointment. The area has been healing nicely using the ointment several times a day. I am hoping that with continued use there will be minimum scarring. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment